Google Express Vs Amazon Prime – Which is best?
Recently I purchased Google Express membership (free trial for three months) and ordered couple of products from Costco. I am going to share my experience with Google Express by comparing it with Amazon Prime. I have been member of Amazon Prime for almost two years.
Google Express is a same-day shipping services which was started in 2013 in San Francisco and Silicon Valley. Recently it started operating in Northbrook, Chicago, IL state.
Google Express has tie up with major stores like Walgreens, Costco, Whole Foods etc. where you can purchase and get a same-day or available window deliverables to your doorstep with free shipping if you purchased more than $15 per store or store minimum.
Google Express Features
- Google Express offers same-day or overnight delivery
- You can checkout using Google Payments gateway
- Same-day delivery is available in:
- San Francisco*
- West Los Angeles*
- Peninsula & San Jose
- Washington, DC
- * Cold groceries and delivery in 2-hour window
- Overnight delivery is available in:
- Northern California
- Southern California
- Midwestern US, covering parts of:
- Membership cost is $10/month or $95/year. Free trial is for 3 months.
- Returns are easy. It varies based on merchant. But Google Express return policy is 30 days after the date of delivery.
- Shared membership with someone in your home.
- $2 off cold grocery delivery.
- Right now promotion is going on for your first order where you will get first delivery $15 off from Costco.
- Delivery is satisfactory
- Returns are hassle-free
- Delivery and order readiness notifications
- Mobile App
- Loyalty Programs
Compared to Pros, there are lots of cons.
- For $95 per year, definitely it is not worth as for $99 at Amazon Prime you will get additional offers like streaming movies/music, unlimited space etc.
- Google Express ties up with only selected stores where your choices are minimal
- For free shipping, you need to purchase at least $15 per store or store minimum
- Not all items will be available in the store for checkout. Only selected items you can purchase.
- For delivery, there should be window available. If you are purchasing in three stores, if one store doesn’t have a delivery window, then you need to delay your order or cancel that store. This will happen when you are using coupon code.
|Features||Google Express||Amazon Prime|
|Stores tie up||Minimal/selected number of stores||Lots of stores|
|Returns||Hassle free||Hassle free|
|Store Portal Ease of use||Good||Excellent|
|Area coverage||Few states||Across US|
|Grocery Delivery||Yes. Only in few states||Selected states. But more than Google Express|
|Range of products||Less||More|
Definitely Amazon Prime is the clear winner. Here are the reasons: For $99 per year you will get unlimited streaming contents, space, same-day / 2-day shipping, lots of options, and rewards/ebates rewards.
You can opt in for Google Express, if Google adds more offers and perks like Amazon. Otherwise, you can end your membership after three months of trial.
Recently I purchased Google Express membership (free trial for three months) and ordered couple of products from Costco. I am going to share my experience with Google Express by comparing it with Amazon Prime.